MOTIVATING AND MANAGING HARD TO REACH, UNINTERESTED AND DISRUPTIVE STUDENTS
Strategies to improve student motivation and reduce classroom discipline problems!
- Avoid the "number one motivation killer" for students in school.
- Learn to defuse any student, at any time, in any situation.
- Receive dozens of high impact instructional strategies to help motivate at risk youth.
- Learn dozens and dozens of strategies to motivate and reduce discipline problems.
Who Should Attend:
- Teachers K-12
- Special Education Teachers & Directors
- School Psychologists
- Social Workers
8:30-10:00AM Defuse Power Struggles.
- Defuse any student at any time in any situation. I will show you how.
- Stop mouthy kids in their tracks with these two steps.
- If detention and suspension worked, the same kids would not
always be there! Discover how to make it hard for kids to get
themselves kicked out of your class.
- Learn exactly what to say when removing a student so they want to return to your class.
Kids who do absolutely nothing.
- Learn and practice the single best strategy to motivate kids who come every day, put their heads down (hoods and headphones on), and do absolutely nothing.
- Learn word-by-word prevention phrases to completely eliminate students complaining things are not fair.
- I will show you what to do so students never argue homework or consequences again.
Dozens of creative teaching strategies.
- 10 quick, easy to implement, and fun strategies that will reduce disruption and improve test scores.
- Master transitions! Moving kids from one activity to another or
one room to another can often be a behavior nightmare. I will show you
exactly how to master the transition.
- Transform the behavior of any highly active child with a
swimming noodle, music stand, piece of carpet, picture of an ear, or a
piece of tape.
12:00-1:00PM Lunch (on your own)
Brian is available to answer questions from 12:40-1:00PM about your specific classroom or student!
When teaching gets tough.
- Learn five phrases and techniques guaranteed to build relationships with any student.
- Avoid the number one motivation killer for students in school.
- The oppositional defiant student: There is only one strategy that works and I promise you have never learned it.
- The best response when kids complain:
Why do I have to do this?
"When will we ever use this in our lives?"
"This is so boring."
"You are always picking on me."
Can We Prevent Bullying?
- Improve school and classroom culture by learning the only proper way to use rewards and award systems.
- Avoid the number one mistake many teachers make when trying to stop bullying.
- Understand why many schools and teachers inadvertently cause bullying. Learn specifically what to do instead.
The teacher that changed my life.
- Learn exactly what to say when calling home so parents (and kids) will love you.
- Seven magic words any educator can say that will change the life of your most challenging student.
Q and A with Brian if you want to stay!
Free Webinar Follow up Training Upon conclusion of this seminar you
will receive an email with a link to the free one hour webinar. What if
you are busy the day of the webinar? No problem, you will be able to
view the webinar "on demand" for one week. You decide when, where and
how often to watch the webinar. You will be able to ask your presenter
questions, submit case studies, and clarify techniques and strategies
discussed during your workshop.
- Complimentary copy of our best selling book Motivating Students Left Behind.
- Complimentary training manual – prepared specifically for your
seminar, this manual will compliment the training you will receive.
- Certificate of participation – Upon conclusion of the seminar,
you will receive a certificate of participation which may be used to
verify hours of attendance for meeting in-service requirements.
Registration is $225 per participant. Pay for 3 and a 4th attends for
free. Pay for 5 and the 6th and 7th attend for free. Call for special
group pricing for 8 or more.If you need us to bill yourschool, please
provide a purchase order.
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance and receive a full refund.
Cancellation notices received in our office less than 72 hours prior to
the seminar will be refunded less a $30 service charge. Paid
registrations are always transferable. If you don't attend and don't
cancel, you are still accountable for the registration fee.
If you are not completely satisfied with this seminar, we will refund your entire tuition fee.
You will receive a confirmation email 5-7 business days prior to the
seminar. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please call our
office at 1-800-772-5227.If you register for the seminar after this time
frame, your confirmation will be verbal only.
Walk-ins are welcome. Walk-in registrants must have a purchase order or present another method of payment. No cash please.
On-site registration and coffee and tea service begin at 7:45am. The seminar promptly begins at 8:30am.
Video and Audio Taping
Video and Audio taping are not permitted at our seminars. However,
our staff photographer may take pictures at our events. These photos may
be used in future publications and on our website. Please let our
photographer know if you do not wish to be photographed.