Motivating and Managing Hard to Reach, Challenging, and Disruptive Students:
Practical Strategies for Outstanding Classroom Management and Student Motivation!
This seminar is presented by Colleen Zawadzki teaches educators how to inspire and motivate students so they want to learn. You will learn how to get even your most difficult and disruptive students to behave.
Problems with motivation are usually seen among students who misbehave. Dr. Mendler explores the specifics factors that cause students to become unmotivated. Most importantly, you will learn dozens of effective methods that help kids make better choices.
Educators will learn the five major themes of motivation and be presented with numerous practical strategies to use in the classroom or school that effectively awaken student motivation.
Motivating Hard to Reach, Challenging, and Disruptive Students:
Practical strategies that work!
Who Should Attend:
- Teachers grades K-12
- Special Education Teachers & Directors
- School Psychologists
- Social Workers & Counselors
8:30am Seminar begins
Part 1: When Teaching Gets Tough
- Encourage and inspire even your most reluctant learners with 5 simple techniques.
- Discover the most important attitude for success with tough students and 3 can't miss ways to sustain it.
Part 2: Ignite Enthusiasm for Learning
- Learn the most effective way to get kids to want to change.
- Do your students complain that things "are not fair?" I will show you how to never hear your students say these 3 words again!
- Discover the 2 most important keys to having a motivating classroom and rules that work!
Part 3: Eliminate the Language of Failure:
- Gain dozens of rapid-fire creative teaching strategies guaranteed to motivate and reduce disruptive behavior.
- Learn 2 concrete strategies to turn around students who literally do nothing.
- Learn exactly what to say to gain cooperation and support from difficult parents.
12:00-1:00pm Lunch (on your own)
Part 4: Handle Difficult Student Behavior with Proven Interventions
- Come away with 7 sure-fire ways to rationally and smoothly manage power struggles.
- If detention and suspension worked the same kids would not always be there! Discover how to make it hard for kids to get themselves kicked out of your class.
- Learn to properly and effectively remove a disruptive student so they leave peacefully and want to return.
Part 5: Implement the Real Core to Achieve the Common Core
- Learn & practice the 5 best relationship building strategies including the 2 x 10.
- Learn how to get your students to support, encourage and motivate each other.
- Tired of hearing your students says, "when are we ever going to use this?" Discover 3 ways to make your class relevant every day.
- Get 10 practical tips for getting students to do homework.
- Learn a dozen easy ways for students to experience real success every day.
3:00pm-3:15pm: Q and A with Colleen if you want to stay!
Free Webinar Follow up Training
Upon conclusion of this seminar you will receive an email with a link to the free on hour webinar. What if you are busy the day of the webinar? No problem, you will be able to view the webinar "on demand" for one week. You decide when, where and how often to watch the webinar. You will be able to ask your presenter questions, submit case studies, and clarify techniques and strategies discussed during your workshop.
- Complimentary copy of our best selling book Motivating Students Left Behind.
- Complimentary training manual – prepared specifically for your seminar, this manual will compliment the training you will receive
- Certificate of participation – Upon conclusion of the seminar, you will receive a certificate of participation which may be used to verify hours of attendance for meeting in-service requirements.
Registration is $225 per participant. Pay for 3 and a 4th attends free. Pay for 5 and the 6th and 7th attend for free. Call for special group pricing for 8 or more people. If you need us to bill your school, please provide us with a purchase order.
You may cancel your registration up to 72 hours in advance and we will issue a refund for the full amount. Cancellation notices received in our office less than 72 hours prior to the seminar will be refunded less a $30 service charge. Paid registrations are transferable. If you don't attend and don't cancel, you are still responsible for payment.
If you are not completely satisfied with this seminar, we will refund your entire tuition fee.
You will receive a confirmation email 5-7 business days prior to the seminar. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please call our office at 1-800-772-5227. If you register for the seminar after this time frame, your confirmation will be verbal only.
We do accept walk-in registrations. Walk-in registrants must have a purchase order or present another method of payment. No cash please.
On-site registration and coffee and tea service begins at 7:45AM. The seminar promptly begins at 8:30AM.
Video and Audio Taping
Video and Audio taping are not permitted with our seminars. However, our staff photographer may take pictures at our events. These photos may be used in future publications and our website. Please let our photographer know if you do not wish to be photographed.