Discipline with Dignity For Difficult Youth
A one day seminar with online follow up training
In this fast paced seminar, educators will learn how to connect with all students and inspire motivation to become a better student. You will learn how to get even your most difficult and disruptive students to behave.
8:30am Seminar begins
Part 1: Attitudes for Success with Challenging Students
Encourage and inspire even your most reluctant learners with simple techniques.
Keep yourself optimistic and enthusiastic - we can show you how!
Develop, sustain, and use your relationship with students to inspire motivation.
Part 2: Discover the Secrets of Promoting Responsibility for Learning and Behaving
- Eliminate the language of failure with 3 concrete techniques.
- Employ proven strategies that get your students to put forth more effort.
- Parents not on the team? Learn several effective methods to get support and cooperation from even the most difficult parents.
Part 3: Learn Can't Miss Strategies to Motivate Students Every Day
- Ignite enthusiasm for learning - you’ll leave eager to try our real life methods.
- Focus on some special methods that rekindle hope in alienated and resigned students.
- Learn the most important key to differentiating instruction easily.
- Explore the many ways to make the crucial connection – and stay connected with even your most difficult students.
12:00-1:00pm Lunch (on your own)
Part 4: Handle Difficult Student Behavior with Proven Interventions
- Come away with 7 sure-fire ways to rationally and smoothly manage power struggles.
- Effectively handle students when they challenge your authority - while keeping everyone’s dignity intact.
- Stop letting tough students drain your energy.
- Handle serious incidents safely, like fighting and bullying.
Part 5: Build a Values Based Classroom
- Assignments coming in late or not at all? Get 10 practical tips for getting students to do homework.
- Learn how to use the 9 keys for developing effective rules and consequences.
- Create and maintain a “safe” learning environment that encourages students to try.
- Get students to support, encourage, and motivate each other. Seem impossible? Not with our methods!
3:00pm-3:15pm: Q and A with trainer if you want to stay!